Friday, December 11, 2009

Is there a website that compares department store cosmetics to drug store brands?

I just did an online makeover and got the names of some products that look good on me, however they are all department store brands which I can't afford. I would love to be able to go to a website and type in ';Calvin Klein - Aubergine eye shadow'; and get the name of a similar product from Cover Girl or Maybelline.Is there a website that compares department store cosmetics to drug store brands?
I think Campare.com doesIs there a website that compares department store cosmetics to drug store brands?
There is a woman called Paula Begoun who compares makeup and skin care products. She's written books, is often on TV (The View, Today Show, etc.) and she also has a website. Although I don't always agree with EVERYTHING she says, it's a great source! It also has a very comprehensive ingredient dictionary.





One thing I DON'T recommend, ironically, is her own products- awful!!
I totally agree with Diane H. I am a Mary Kay Consultant, and when I am on this site, I normally give advice. I can answer any questions you have. I know a lot about both department and store brand cosmetics because I have used both as a normal consumer before I became a consultant. I can tell you how my skin looked and felt, and describe my skin now. You can email me at anytime. I'll be glad to answer your questions. Thanks!





LaKeisha Chestnut-Beaujour, Independent Beauty Consultant


LChestnutBeaujour@marykay.com
The tough thing about drug store brands is choosing the right ones. You can't really try them out. It's pretty easy to make a mistake. Many of us have whole drawers full of makeup that didn't look good when we tried it on.





Department store brands are a step up, because you are getting to try out the product, and you have a professional there to help you. Unfortunately, you are right, they can be expensive. Also, you don't really develop a relationship with the person at the counter.





Mary Kay is competitive with department store brands, but at a lower cost because they don't have the overhead of being in the store, advertising, and warehousing. You can try before you buy, the products are 100% guaranteed, and you get a consultant who will stick with you as long as you want her!





You can usually get free products from a consultant by participating in an event or just inviting a few of your friends to join you for a makeover party! That should help you keep the costs down.





The products are fantastic, too!





I'm not supposed to post the web address, because it would be considered advertising, but do a search on Mary Kay, and I'm sure you'll find the corporate site. From there you can do a search for a consultant in your area.





Her services are free, so you can feel free to contact her even if you're not ready to buy and just want to learn more!





Good luck!
Yes, there are several, although none are comprehensive.





http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/鈥?/a>





http://www.makeupalley.com/user/notepad/鈥?/a>





http://www24.brinkster.com/jddrewonline/鈥?/a>





http://www.thebroadroom.net/daijo/fobb/l鈥?/a>





http://www.beautybuzz.com/lookalikes.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism