Saturday, June 26, 2010

Has anyof u ladies/guys worked in a cosmetics counter/store?

Okay where I live, there are like 3 MACYS, 4 Sephoras, and a ton of counters hiring like CRAZY


But the only thing is, I can't write a proper resume for the cosmetics industry, they are looking for someone with retail experince but how can I incorporate that into a cosmetic aimed resume?





For example. I've got a ton of retail and office work experince, but I am pursuing a job in the cosmetics industry ( yes I know how to apply makeup)


But I'm not sure how can I go about rewriting my resume to showcase my skills in the fieldHas anyof u ladies/guys worked in a cosmetics counter/store?
Keep your resume as normal but add a paragraph about how your aquired skills can be related to the cosmetics industry. There is much more to cosmetic retailing than just applying make - up, the company will be looking for selling skills, merchandising skills, paperwork skills and ability to work as a team as well as punctuality, reliability and grooming!


Personality counts for much in cosmetic retailing so if you have a bubbly nature and you are well groomed you will be able to get an interview - then just sell yourself! You will be sent on a course to learn the make - up skills required once you are accepted.


Think about the type of cosmetic company that you would like to work for - for example, are you more Chanel (classy) or Benefit (young %26amp; trendy) or MAC (Make -up orientated) - you must actually like the products if you are going to sell them.


Good luckHas anyof u ladies/guys worked in a cosmetics counter/store?
Go Take it is your chance . Just do A normal CV with an extra About Make up , that you know how to apply make up , know the different type Make Up , skin type and bla bla it should be engnouh they will teach you the basic to take care of customers , it shoudnt be dificults :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism